TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Thursday, May 6, 2010

COMEDOWN by Jeff Callaway


COMEDOWN by Jeff Callaway

i've come
to realize in time
my decadent life's
become sublime
with risks i've taken
and tests i've tried
the gambles i've made
i know i should've died
in the lies
in the crimes
in the hours for dimes
in the wine and the dine
in the sixty-nine lives
the choices i've made
i've barely survived
the idiosyncrasies
of my inscrutable life
rife with strife
and all the hype
and the tramps
and the trip
and the trains
and the tripe
and the years i spent
in black and white stripes
have only made me stronger
have only got me wise
and to the thighs
to the eyes that hypnotize
i apologize
but in time
i've come to realize
i've come way too far
to not finally accomplish
my wish list
i've lost way too much
to not stand up
and fight
for my innocence
and so i'm making it
my business
to put an end to this
mid life crisis
and childishness
and just relish this
coming down
off the horse
and back on
the wagon


copyright jeff callaway 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment