TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LAID by Jeff Callaway



LAID
by jeff callaway

as now I lay

my pen to write

these words do fold

to ink the night

in ravishing hues of you

in colors true

lips red

face rouge

in my pockets and blues

I'm happy to see you

with a sword through my side and soul

and a fast train to D-town to die

I will consume these lies

and pretend that you love me

even though you despise me

you try to disguise me

you try to make me not want to be me

you just don't feed me

and in the end

I just want to be me

this poet

this man

this me

if only I could ever be

this man that I dream to be

all dreamed and clean

and on the scene

behind a silk screen

but still more brighter believe

me always effortlessly fallen asleep

awakening to my lazy dreams

and kicking this cling to me

and this perilous timeless sea

or this somehow always pyrite dream

full of all these haggish fiends

and the sting of those busy bees

to fade this flop with ease

and shake these knobby knees

like so many leaves

in the sun



copyright jeff callaway 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment