TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

INSOMNIAC by Jeff Callaway


INSOMNIAC
by Jeff Callaway


I just can't sleep

with you beside me

you leave me hot and bothered

and burning

for love

at night

sweating against you again

sighing

your perspiration

my body slides against yours

my hands resting flat

on the backs of your thighs

my hands gliding

my hands

never resting

but counting the sheep

and counting your blinks as you sleep

and you dream beneath me

the beauty that lies

beneath the lids of your eyes

as I pull your hair back

behind your ear

I tenderly kiss your neck

as I listened to the rhythms

of your breathing

and the beat of your heart beating

but still awake

my heart at your feet

as I wait for you to open your eyes

I just can't sleep

with you by my side

and so just take me in

like a wet stranger

take me in

to the moonlight of your

warm and crazy home

and on my body rest your bones

making me breathe like worthless merchants

in the valley of the dolls

walls holding moaning our oneness

in the morning

all of these

new breaths like newness

that's falling like dew onto

the mouth of love

this yearning to learn your oneness

and make it my own

make it something of bones

clay twigs and mold

it's my fort

it's something that cannot be sold

something that is yours alone

that cannot be shown

but only be known

now that you're grown

and you're out there

in the void

all alone

in this darkness

they call heaven

it still can be

so cold

down here in Texas

with all of this

heart

to roam

No comments:

Post a Comment