TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A FOREST BY Jeff Callaway


A FOREST

our love

it was a forest

baptized

in darkness of night

she was a huntress with amethyst eyes

and I

was a mockingbird in flight

drinking mai-tai's

when what we had just felt so right

like silent moments or only breathing noises

shared between her and I

and all the evanescence of those times

in her Big Thicket's wilds

those games

we once played twice in one night

like hide and go seek

or delicious disguise

or we were learning to ride

a bike in her bed

was quite nice

while the tar sky

inked dark and old and bold

and bright was her ceiling

inside her

bedroom of the night

it was like

some psychedelic black light

and besides

the grass was crushed emerald glass

(or carpet)

and the pine trees were alive

alive alive walls

with leaves of hunter green

or lemon

or lime

that time the moon was a golf ball of twine

as "fore" I cried

I swung my nine iron wide

awake in America I

crossed her continental divide

where it was warm inside

and I smiled

like a big dumb child

with orchids for eyes

closed clinched tight

dreaming a world of pleasure

inside her animal eyes

inside her porcelain thighs

her breasts

my powdered milk delight

and like I said

what we had just felt so right

those wet explosions inside

a forest

of the night



copyright jeff callaway 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment