TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Thursday, May 6, 2010

POETIC JUSTICE by Jeff Callaway



POETIC JUSTICE by Jeff Callaway

raindrops
glistening off
razor wire
like starry spires
all spiral on and out
in the cold fog
of morning
my own
crucified mourning
I pay penance
to a law
because of hard
lessons I've learned
and sins I've saw
which have led me here
to the end of my
quiet career
as a Texas fuck up
as higher up
the rains fall down
from mysterious clouds
to rain the pain on down
upon my down hearted heart
my face a frown
and i am just
another clown
behind these bars
in this ghoul town
as down I lie
inside a storm
that spits out her stars
on to the ground
not in the sky
but strewn all around
underneath
the swoon of an
early morning moon
where i'm all confused
and easily bruise
on the concrete walkway where
men in white suits
march doomed
locked up in the gloom
and when you
are as intimate with freedom
as i
then this haunted hollow room
could cause us both to die
as i sigh
as I sigh
like my blue eyes
were meant for crying
with four thousand eyes
to roam my skin at all times
i feel like dying
like i'm naked to the eye
but i'm trying
to stand on my own
without selling my soul
without lying
so I've decided on trying
to tell my stories
to you
my time I'm biding
my own
and i've been known
to trip a time or two
but right now
i'm not frying
stone cold sober
wrong place wrong timing
I'm fighting inside me
just to find my dream
defeated
sorrowful scenes
from my past
undying
spring
like a jailbird
within me
into my skies of future
flying
finally free
to speak my mind
maybe I'm rhyming
even within the winding
roads of life's irony
poetry is where you will
find me
walk into the bright light
but this time I won't blow it
because I'm a poet
and I know it

copyright jeff callaway 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment