TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LONELY GIRL by Jeff Callaway


LONELY GIRL
by Jeff Callaway



lonely girl

with beautiful lips

her sleepy eyes, dreamy

these incandescent incantations

limiting my ability

to see things clearly

beyond her years

sweeter words

that only her lips have heard

sincere moments of her breathing

sleeping hands

restless at her feet

with angel's wings

and words that burn

the fore thought of forgotten emotions

falling unheard

and so without asking her

if I could kiss her

she said yes

and she showed to me

what heaven really could be

or that it did

really exist

once my lips touched hers

pillow skin lips

that touched me with sugary heaven

and spoke of words

words with language that danced

like a dancer

cotton eyed joe my soul

she spoke to me

in whispers

tiny kisses

my hands on her thigh

as she awoke

still

bathed in beauty

her lips

still

shimmering

dancing



copyright jeff callaway 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment