TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LAST BUS ON EARTH by Jeff Callaway


THE LAST BUS ON EARTH

by Jeff Callaway



in this night of dreams

with these beat wings

with these bruised moods

all these leaded woes

filled of fatal foes

fed of fatal land

just a slide of hand

nothing up my sleeve

nothing inside me

nothing can save me

I feel like I'm beat down blue

I don't know what I should do

I gotta get a plan

become a man

I gotta get it while I can

I gotta give it to you

I gotta promise for you

that I'll always love you true

and give it to you deep, wet

I'll give it to you correct

I'll give it to you, my life

I want to make you my wife

I want to make all of these dreams

and I want to touch you it seems

I want to love you

I want to be with you

eternal in heaven true

pre death me saint naked you

shrouded together

cloaked in night in you

together forever

wrapped in each other

lovers…

I feel like

I've reached the end of the line

the bottom of the stack

the last bus

I feel like I'm searching

accumulating direction

motivating to move

to do, to create

to be somebody in all of this

here and now and whose who

and to find the me

that can be free with you

I'm trying to get a clue

I'm trying to find something to do

I'm trying to be comfortable in blue

I'm trying to find you

my love it is you

I have found my you

it's you

I've found truth

my youth

I'm blue…

the sun is rising

in Shreveport, Louisiana

the birds are chirping

I'm waiting for the last bus on earth

I'm missing the girl I love back home

I'm a lonesome traveler

in a moronic insane Greyhound night

I'm broke and tired

I'm withdrawing

I'm unwinding

I'm down wind

I'm away

but it's a new day

and I must go away

I've got to find myself

gotta find my way

back to you

back to you

but today I'm so blue.

and the blues

is my truth



copyright jeff callaway 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment