TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Thursday, May 6, 2010

HUNGRY GHOST by Jeff Callaway


HUNGRY GHOST

by Jeff Callaway



She was gone when i needed her the most

of all. My love it is a hungry ghost



to haunt the halls of my hearts home as i

fall. My lonesome call is a hungry ghost



song. She's gone for real. And an appetite

that cannot be filled is a hungry ghost.



My heart is a black hole. My heart is burnt

toast. A neutron star is a hungry ghost.



She awoke deathwatch beetles in me for

spite. It's not right. Night is a hungry ghost.



And so tonight i fly with my giant

white gossamer wings like a hungry ghost.



And so tonight i float a drunken boat

on a lone sea that is a hungry ghost.



Tonight i fight inside myself to hope

she might return to burn a hungry ghost.



i miss her the most. i miss her the most.

i miss her so much like a hungry ghost.



with a million dreams of her leaving me

alone in bone, i am a hungry ghost.



A hungry ghost. i am a hungry ghost.

Boo! Jeff Callaway is a hungry ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment