TEXAS OUTLAW POET photos

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

NAOMI by Jeff Callaway


NAOMI
by jeff callaway



I'd give you my world

if you'd just kiss me right now

like a lover you've known

for so long

how my fingers wander

makes you wonder

how I always seem to see

the image of an ocean in your eyes

and the river that runs through it

a thin disguise to your heart

and so I guess what I'm trying to say

is…

I've loved you from the start…

so kiss me naked

and poised like fine art

and run away with me

and my heart

to San Francisco in Spring

to live with me

and to be so free

in a two story white adobe

with a little white picket fence

and we'll rinse our brand new Hondas

with spot free rinse and glint

and we'll grow like weeds

oh why can't you see

that you need me indeed

and I dream

of you and me in the gold and orange sun

or in the tub scrubbing up

our skin could be so much fun

coming out

so fresh and so clean

so early in Spring

with your flowers so bare

and opening up

and blossoming

and I think you must be

some kind of angel with wings to me

and so with these wings

fly inside of me

and cast aside all of your doubt

to indulge

in the pleasure of

my wet lips…

kiss me again

and tilt your head

a little to the side

this time it's almost one

and I promised you'd see the sun

and also breakfast…

poems

about your lips and

poems

about your hips and

poems

about your thighs

poems

about your eyes and

poems

in your eyes…

poems

that please and pun

poems

that are fun to someone

poems

that have gotten us nowhere

'til now and this

kiss…

and so

please stop leaving

and like me

or lick me with love

like little doves

from your mouth

or your mouth

your mouth…

I'd wait for a month

just to hear your voice…

I'd die in the dark and rejoice…

I promise

I won't make no noise

if you'll just sleep here

beside me tonight

it's so cold

so we'll just cuddle

for warmth

okay?



copyright jeff callaway 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment